Willem J. Noorlander joined Gierke Frank Noorlander after nine years with one of Milwaukee’s oldest and most prestigious firms, where he represented professional and corporate clients on a range of complex matters. Prior to coming to Milwaukee, Bill worked in New York for one of the best-known insurance specialty firms in the world.
Bill has extensive experience in complex insurance coverage litigation. He has dealt with all types of insurance policies including primary, excess, reinsurance, and stop loss policies. Recently, Bill has handled coverage claims involving healthcare, professional liability, property loss and environmental issues.
Through this work, Bill has obtained valuable insights into the complexities of multipolicy and multidefendant litigation, and the business and legal strategies of insurance companies, insights which serve him well in his representation of clients from many professional fields.
In addition Bill has significant experience defending professionals in malpractice actions. In this work, Bill has successfully represented attorneys, actuaries, accountants and brokers.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Defending insurers in professional liability coverage disputes.
- Defending actuaries against six class actions alleging RICO violations professional malpractice and fraud.
- Securing a favorable settlement for a London based insurer in a coverage matter involving stop loss policies for health insurance trusts.
- Defending lawyers and law firms in professional negligence suits.
- Obtaining a favorable settlement in an environmental coverage action involving ground contamination from coal plants.
- Resolving disputes involving architects, engineers and corporate executives, as well as financial professionals
direct dial 414-395-4610
cell phone 414-380-1839 firstname.lastname@example.org
- J.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
- B.A., State University of New York College at New Paltz (Political Science)
Awards & Accolades
- Leading Lawyers 2016, M Magazine (Insurance)
- Best Lawyers in Wisconsin 2016 (Insurance)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Admitted to Practice in New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted pro hac vice in federal and state courts throughout the country
- State Bar Committee Member and Volunteer, Wisconsin Lawyers Assistance Program (2013 – Present)
- Special Prosecutor, Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office (2009)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Marquette Legal Clinic (2006 – Present)
- Ironman Triathlete (Wisconsin 2006, 2012; Lake Placid 2008)